Templars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starting and training as a druid.

5 posters

Go down

Starting and training as a druid. Empty Starting and training as a druid.

Post  DrPeppers Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:24 pm

Well if your a druid you want most of your points in focus, after so many put a little bit in vitality.Also for a driud you have alot of needed skills that need to be accesed quick so you want to buy all extra hotbar slots.

>Skills not needed for druid<
-Recuperate (10coin)
-Bandage Wounds (3coin [but free in castle])
-Calm (50coin)

>Skills crutial for a druid to own and use<
-Natures Touch (30coin)
-Natures Embrace (100coin)
-Abundance (80coin)
-Sheild of Bark (70coin)
-Stangling Vines (30coin)
-Lightning Strike (you start with it)
-Meditate (Note: If you buy 30 energy sigils you dont need meditat)(30coin)

>Skills not really needed but can be usefull<
-Howling Wind (20coin)
-Grasping Roots(10coin)

Now i recomend to start out just like you always do fill up your lightning strike to 5 and then save your money because druid skills are very exspensive, as shown above. When you start just go along the main story line till you need to go to the town at that point you should be able to afford Natures touch and Natures embrace start with those three inculding lightning strike. Now you can heal after before and during battle. Fore filling your skills first i recommend lightning strike,then Natures touch, then Natures embrace, Then Sheild of bark, Then Abundance at that point you will be a lvl 71 Smile. After you fill those up have fun and try new ones i find Strangling vines to be very helpfull.Quick reminder dont forget to get staff traing in the castle and nature training in highshore village.

My toon name is Drpeppers i am a lvl 70 druid and if you have any questions on what some skills do before you play post them and ill get right to you.

(Note: do not, and i cant stress this enough waste your money on weapons or armor just follow the story line quest you get better armore as you go.)

(last thing i promise it gets very hard to lvl as a druid our defence isnt as high and neither is our health seeing as we put it all in energy. But just stick with it and ask an elite for help we will collect fettle cap or something.

DrPeppers

Back to top Go down

Starting and training as a druid. Empty Re: Starting and training as a druid.

Post  wtfhax Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:30 pm

so would you not recommend str or dex at all? I have a 36 druid, it will primarily be a healer,but I need to level it up some for it to be a decent healer. it was previously all heals, nothing in damage spells, but I respec'd to be able to solo with her. I have no issues with mana whatsoever, but I find she doesnt put out a lot of damage, and battles take forever.

I currently have her spec'd

5 str
20 dex
87 focus
88 vitality

9/15 bark
7/15 embrace
15/15 lightning
8/15 vines

I am thinking drop embrace, as I typically forget to cast it on myself or it doesnt last if fighting multiple enemies.
wtfhax
wtfhax

Back to top Go down

Starting and training as a druid. Empty Leveling IMO

Post  Kitos Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:16 pm

In my opinion, if you can afford a restat and reskill book, focusing on your battle spells (Lightning, Strangling Vines, Bark) and meditate as well and putting only 3-5 into your heals at first you can kill things pretty easily and keep yourself healed. Stat wise Focus first of course the I treat STR just a little less than Health. You can put some in DEX (I have 20 now) because this will help you dodge those melee hits and also land your staff hit for more damage.

I was focusing on more healing at first and leveling was harder. As soon as I switched focus to battle I was able to polish off 3 stars a level or to than me and 1 stars 10-12 levels about me with relative ease.

When you want to go healing you should be comfortable enough with your druid to restat and reskill into more of a healing role.

Just my thoughts on leveling a Druid since they are fun to play except when you can't kill anything.
Kitos
Kitos

Back to top Go down

Post  wtfhax Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:16 pm

awesome thanks Kitos, looks like I am going to need to get a rebirth book for her.
wtfhax
wtfhax

Back to top Go down

Post  DrPeppers Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:30 pm

Hax he has a good point seeing as i am lvl 70 i can play the rule as a healer and and a fighter.

my thoughts on if you want to be a fighter

STR- 25
DEX- 25
FOC- 100
VIT- rest

Lightning Strike- 15
Strangling Vines- 15
Natures Embrace- 15
(If you dont have 6 slots)
Sheild of Bark- 15
Abundance- 15
Natures Touch- 15

At this point you are a battle druid pretty much you have all you need for fighting and healing. Without dex its harder more interuptions but honestly i dont think dex or strengh is needed. I have 5/5/305/55 and i can tank charfire. If your worried about interuptions just keep in mind that the higher your nature abillitie the less you get interupted, except bark it gets interupted pretty much every time.

DrPeppers

Back to top Go down

Post  wtfhax Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:02 pm

interesting didnt know dex helped with not getting interrupted. I have nature capped out at my current level. Seems easy to keep capped with as much casting as you do. Thanks for the info guys, hopefully I can get hi2u some more levels before I respec again to full healer Smile.
wtfhax
wtfhax

Back to top Go down

Post  Yrck Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:42 am

hmm i need to buy a stat reset book, im going to healer now.... and a bit fighting to lvl up, so im a combo druid Razz

Yrck

Back to top Go down

Post  Strider Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:59 pm

my new druid alt is lvl fifteen and doing well, and i only have nature's tpuch, lightning strike, and meditate

Strider

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down